Oberlo dropshipping app is shutting down on June 30, 2022. After this date you won’t be able to access your Oberlo account.
If you wish to continue dropshipping, please either automatically migrate your historical data from Oberlo to the DSers app using our migration tool or manually migrate to any other dropshipping app.
Review the following frequently asked questions about the Oberlo app sunset, the DSers app, and migration from Oberlo to DSers.
Oberlo app sunset
Why is the Oberlo app shutting down?
Shopify’s top priority is doing what is in the best interest of merchants. We are sunsetting Oberlo on June 30, 2022 and transitioning how we enable dropshipping to a more optimal solution developed by a trusted Shopify partner, DSers. This product deprecation, which is a routine occurrence, is in pursuit of providing merchants with the best solutions to reach their customers wherever they are.
What happens after Oberlo shuts down?
You won’t be able to access the Oberlo app and your historical data. Oberlo app will be uninstalled from your Shopify store on June 30, 2022.
What should I do if I want to continue my dropshipping business?
You can migrate your historical data such as orders, settings, products, and import list data from Oberlo to the DSers app with just a few clicks and continue dropshipping.
If you don’t want to migrate to the DSers app, then you can look for an alternative dropshipping app and migrate your data manually.
When is the last day that I can log into my Oberlo account?
June 30, 2022. After this date, you won’t be able to access or use your Oberlo account anymore.
When is the last day that I can create a new account and install the Oberlo app?
May 11, 2022. If you uninstall the Oberlo app from your Shopify store after May 12, 2022, then you can’t install it again.
Can I get my money back for the unused Oberlo subscription?
If you’re currently on a paid Oberlo subscription plan, then you can cancel it immediately, and then receive a refund or Shopify app credits depending where you’re billed:
- If you’re billed on Oberlo, then you will receive a refund.
- If you’re billed on Shopify, then you will receive Shopify app credits.
On June 30, 2022, all remaining Oberlo subscription plans will be canceled, and affected Oberlo accounts will receive refunds or Shopify app credits for unused subscription days
To cancel your Oberlo paid subscription plan, you need to downgrade to the free Explorer plan.
- From your Oberlo admin, click your account name > Account settings > Your plan.
- Click SWITCH PLAN.
- Click SELECT next to the Explorer plan.
- Click START PLAN.
How can I request invoices after the Oberlo app is shut down?
Depending where you’re billed for the Oberlo app, you can get invoices in one of the following ways:
- If you’re billed in Shopify, then you can find your invoices in your Shopify admin > Settings > Billing.
- If you’re billed in Oberlo, then you can send an email to email@example.com and request for Oberlo invoices.
Can I export my products, import list, and settings data from Oberlo?
If you choose to continue your dropshipping business and use the DSers app, then you can automatically migrate all your data from Oberlo to the DSers app. For more information, review Migrating to from Oberlo DSers section below.
If you decide to use a different dropshipping app, then it’s not possible to manually export your data from Oberlo. The only exception is your orders data that you can export from Oberlo to a CSV or XLSX file format from your Orders page.
DSers dropshipping app
What is the DSers app?
DSers is a dropshipping app that is also an AliExpress partner. It has all the features you need to run and manage a dropshipping business.
Why the DSers app?
Oberlo chose to partner with DSers because they have all the features you need to continue to grow your business. DSers offers a tight integration with AliExpress, provides bulk order fulfillment, and has more than 150k merchants. Oberlo worked closely with the DSers team to make the migration from Oberlo to DSers as seamless as possible.
Is the DSers app free?
DSers app has a free and multiple paid subscription plans. DSers app also offers monthly or annual subscription options. For more information, refer to the DSers pricing page.
If you choose to migrate to the DSers app, then you’re migrated to the free DSers subscription plan. If you’re on the Boss plan in Oberlo, then you’re also migrated to the free DSers subscription plan and you’re offered to subscribe to a paid DSers plan.
Does the DSers app have the same features as Oberlo?
With the DSers app you can use the same core features as in Oberlo:
- import product from AliExpress to your Shopify store
- place AliExpress orders individually and in bulk
- set up automations through your settings
The DSers app also offers additional features that you can use for your business. Review the full list of the DSers app features.
Is the DSers app available in other languages other than English?
The DSers app is available in the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
If you migrate to DSers, then your language preference is also migrated. You can also change your language preference in the DSers app.
Do I have to migrate to DSers?
No, you can use another dropshipping app for your business, but your historical data such as products or orders won’t be automatically migrated to another app.
If you don’t want to use the DSers app, then you can look for alternative dropshipping apps.
Migrating from Oberlo to DSers
How to migrate to the DSers app?
Only the Oberlo account admin can begin the migration process, staff accounts can’t do this. The migration duration depends on how much data you have in Oberlo, such as products and orders. For small businesses the data migration can take minutes, but for very large businesses it can take multiple hours.
- From your Oberlo admin, click Home.
- Click MIGRATE TO DSERS NOW.
- Click CONTINUE TO DSERS.
- If you don’t have the DSers app installed in your Shopify admin, then click Install app.
- Create your DSers account or log in to an existing one:
- If you don’t have a DSers account, then create one.
- If you already have a DSers account, then log into it, and then select your data preference. Your Oberlo account might not match your DSers account data, such as product pricing rules. You need to choose which app’s data you want to use as a reference.
- Click START MIGRATION. This step begins the data migration process from Oberlo to DSers.
After you migrate to DSers a success message is displayed and your Oberlo account is put on a read-only mode. This means you can access Oberlo, but you can't perform any actions.
What happens after I migrate to the DSers app?
The following changes happen after you migrate to DSers app:
- Your Oberlo settings, products, orders, and import list are migrated to DSers.
- Your product inventory location in Shopify changes from Oberlo to DSers.
- Your Oberlo account is put in read-only mode, you can not do any actions in the Oberlo app anymore.
- Your subscription plan is migrated to a free plan on DSers. If you want you can subscribe to a paid DSers plan.
Your shipment tracking data isn’t migrated to DSers. You can find your shipment status for historical orders in your Shopify admin and your AliExpress account.
What should I do if I’m having issues with the migration?
If you need help with the migration or you’re experiencing technical issues, then contact Oberlo Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the support chat bubble in your Oberlo admin.