There’s no doubt about it, Wix is one of the best website builders out there, but there are tons of Wix alternatives — one of which may be a better option for you.
But which Wix competitors should you consider?
Every website builder has its strengths and weaknesses, and most platforms are geared towards a particular function. So, before you dive into this list, take a moment to figure out what you want from a website builder.
Do you want to sell products online, start a blog, or improve your personal brand? Whatever it is, there’s a Wix alternative on this list for you.
Let’s jump in.
(Disclosure: This website is a part of Shopify inc. media properties. Although we strive to publish objective, accurate, and factual content, this article may contain biased opinions.)
Start selling online now with ShopifyStart your free trial
The 8 Best Wix Competitors
Let’s cut to the chase — here are 8 of our favorite Wix alternatives:
Now, let’s explore each one in more detail!
1. Shopify: Best All-In-One Business Solution
Best for: Businesses looking to grow their sales and brand presence online and offline.
Shopify is the best Wix alternative for businesses that want to sell online and in-person.
In fact, this top ecommerce platform supports millions of businesses, including big-name brands like Lindt, KKWBeauty, and Gymshark.
For a relatively small monthly subscription, you can gain access to virtually every feature you need to grow your business, including:
- Domain registration
- Free professional website themes
- A versatile online payment gateway
- Shopify Point of Sale (POS) solution to manage in-person sales
- Hardware to take sales in-person
- 6,000+ Shopify apps that allow you to add virtually any function to your website
- Access to apps like DSers so you can start dropshipping in minutes
- International commerce features
- Shipping tools
- Inventory management features
- Marketing tools
- Integrations with every major online sales channel, such as Amazon, Facebook, eBay, etc.
- Built-in analytics and reporting
- 24/7 support via live chat and email
Okay, but how much does Shopify cost? This Wix alternative offers 3 core website plans:
- Basic Shopify: $39/month. (All the core website and POS features.)
- Shopify: $105/month. (Additional features for established businesses.)
- Advanced Shopify: $399/month. (Advanced features for fast-growing businesses.)
Like Wix, Shopify provides a free trial — so sign up and check it out for yourself.
2. ClickFunnels: Best Sales Funnel Builder
Best for: Digital marketers who want to build sales funnels.
Basically, it’s a tool that helps you create a step-by-step customer experience optimized to generate sales. As a result, it’s not ideal for building websites with top-bar navigation and web pages like a homepage, contact page, and product pages.
For this reason, it’s full of templates for landing pages, squeeze pages, and pages for upselling and cross-selling. Although, it’s fair to say that these templates aren’t always visually stunning.
That said, ClickFunnels is pricier than most Wix alternatives. This Wix competitor has 3 price plans:
- ClickFunnels: $97/month
- ClickFunnels Platinum: $297/month
- TwoCommaClubX: $2,497/month
Again, like most Wix alternatives, ClickFunnels provides a 14-day free trial that you can use to learn more about the platform and decide if it’s the right one for you.
3. WordPress: Best Advanced Blogging Platform
Best for: Tech-savvy people in need of a customizable blogging platform.
So, why is WordPress so popular?
In short, this Wix competitor is open-source, which means that the platform’s code is shared — This enables third-party developers and businesses to reuse, modify, and redistribute the tool however they like.
Given its nature, WordPress plays host to more than 50,000 plugins that you can use to customize your website in virtually every way imaginable.
Unsurprisingly, WordPress is perhaps the most flexible Wix alternative out there. But it’s not an out-of-the-box website builder like Wix or Shopify. Instead, WordPress requires some technical know-how to use effectively.
For example, you’ll need to purchase a domain and web hosting to get started. You’ll then need to install WordPress. Then, after adding a website theme, you’ll likely need to tweak the code to get it looking the way you want. And although there are 50,000+ plugins to choose from, it can take some time to ensure your plugins all get along with each other.
Still, WordPress is free!
However, you’ll need to pay monthly and yearly fees for your domain, hosting, and many of the plugins you need. For established websites, these fees can easily reach hundreds of dollars per month.
In summary, if you want total control over every aspect of your website and you’re prepared to do the work (or hire the experts) needed to make it happen, WordPress is a fantastic Wix alternative.
4. Squarespace: Best for General Use
Best for: People wanting to create a simple and beautiful website.
Squarespace could be considered Wix’s closest competitor. It offers many of the same features, such as:
- A range of stunning mobile-optimized website templates
- A simple drag-and-drop website builder
- Access to more than 250 apps to customize your website’s functionality
- Commerce tools
And depending on which plan you sign up for, you can gain access to features like advanced website analytics, the ability to sell subscriptions, and specialist marketing tools, such as popups and gift cards.
Squarespace also boasts 24/7 support via email.
That being said, it’s worth noting that many of the templates rely on professional images to make them look good. So, you’ll likely need to do a photoshoot or source free images from a site like Burst to create a website that looks as good as the templates.
This Wix alternative offers 4 plans:
- Personal: $16 per month. (No ecommerce functionality.)
- Business: $26 per month. (Basic ecommerce features and 3% transaction fees.)
- Basic Commerce: $35 per month. (More ecommerce features and no transaction fees.)
- Advanced Commerce: $54 per month. (Advanced ecommerce features and no transaction fees.)
It’s also worth noting that Squarespace doesn’t have its own payment gateway, so you’ll need to sign up to Stripe or PayPal to accept payments through your website. Also, keep in mind that these services will charge transaction fees on the payments you receive.
5. SITE123: Best Beginner Website Builder
Best for: Anyone looking for a super simple website builder.
SITE123 calls itself “By far the easiest website builder,” and it’s designed specifically for those looking for a straightforward, no-frills tool.
This Wix competitor provides everything you need to build a basic website — including:
- A simple drag-and-drop website builder
- Mobile-optimized website templates
- Simple ecommerce features that let you sell products online
- Basic search engine optimization (SEO) tools
- The ability to connect a custom domain
- Free 24/7 support via live chat
The best part? This Wix alternative provides a free plan that you can use to get up and running. However, it comes with limited storage and bandwidth, SITE123 branding, and a SITE123 subdomain.
To connect a custom domain and remove the limitations and branding, you’ll need to upgrade to SITE123’s Premium plan for $12.80 per month (or $10.80 per month when billed annually).
6. Duda: Best for Digital Agencies
Best for: Web development agencies and SaaS businesses looking to scale.
Duda is a Wix alternative designed for web agencies and software-as-a-service (SaaS) businesses. In other words, this website builder is designed for companies that create websites for clients.
It has every tool you’d expect from a top Wix competitor, such as a drag-and-drop editor, website templates, site widgets, ecommerce features, and SEO tools.
It also has many advanced tools to aid collaboration and client management. For example, you can set team and client permissions and collect client feedback with built-in site comments. This Wix alternative is also a white label solution, so web development agencies can present their work under their own brand.
Duda has 3 plans to choose from:
- Basic – $19 per month
- Team – $29 per month
- Agency – $59 per month
You can also access significant savings by purchasing an annual plan upfront.
7. Cargo: Best for Designers and Artists
Best for: Creatives wanting to showcase their work in an original way.
Cargo is a Wix competitor built for designers, artists, and other creatives looking to showcase their work in an original way.
If you’re looking to create something unique and evocative, this Wix alternative may be the perfect choice for your project.
It comes with 75 templates that are unlike many you’ll find on more mainstream websites like Wix. Cargo also provides a range of beautiful typefaces and open source fonts through its partnerships with Dinamo and Type Network.
Not only that, but Cargo also enables you to purchase a custom domain through the platform. And it’s possible to sell products with Cargo via an integration with Stripe or PayPal. While this Wix alternative boasts some amazing features, it’s fair to say that it isn’t ideal for growing an ecommerce business.
Cargo offers 2 plans:
- Standard site: $13 per month or $99 per year when billed annually.
- Site with ecommerce capabilities: an extra $9 per month or $66 per year when billed annually.
8. Weebly: Best Inexpensive Wix Alternative
Best for: People wanting a straightforward and inexpensive Wix alternative.
Weebly is another popular Wix alternative that’s been around for many years. It’s very similar to Wix and Squarespace and offers many of the same features, such as:
- A drag-and-drop website builder
- Mobile-optimized website themes
- Standard security features, such as an SSL certificate
- Ecommerce features
- Marketing tools for SEO and lead capture
- Social media integrations
- The ability to connect a custom domain
This Wix alternative is built for everyone. As such, it’s easy to use and requires very little technical savvy to get up and running. But, understandably, it also has very few advanced customization options.
Weebly offers 4 different plans to choose from depending on your needs:
- Free (with Weebly branding and a subdomain)
- Personal: $9 per month or $6 per month when billed annually.
- Professional: $16 per month or $12 per month when billed annually.
- Performance: $29 per month or $26 per month when billed annually.
Summary: 8 Best Sites Like Wix in 2023
If you’re looking to build a website for your small business or for a personal project, it’s worth taking the time to consider some top Wix alternatives. Depending on your specific needs, you may discover a solution that works better for you than Wix.
In summary, here’s a quick roundup of our 8 favorite Wix competitors in 2023:
- Shopify: Best for businesses looking to grow online and/or offline.
- ClickFunnels: Best for digital marketers who want to build sales funnels.
- WordPress: Best for tech-savvy people who want a custom blog.
- Squarespace: Best for creating a simple and beautiful website.
- SITE123: Best for those who want a dead-simple website builder.
- Duda: Best for SaaS businesses and web development agencies.
- Cargo: Best for artists and designers who want to create a unique website.
- Weebly: Best for anyone who wants an inexpensive Wix alternative.
Which of these Wix competitors has caught your eye? What type of website do you want to create? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Learn More?